Play Poland Film Festival would like to invite everybody for a screening of short films presented in Poland at the Mountain Film Festival. In Glasgow - 28th of November the viewers will enjoy screening of one animation and five documentary.
Mountain Film Festival is the biggest Independent Film Festival in Poland and Europe. It takes place in 10 cities and lasts 21 days. Mountain Film introduces its public to ambitious, artistic and non-mainstream movies, often prized at the renowned festivals or overviews in Europe (Cannes, Berlin, Rome etc.) and in the World.
28th of November the viewers will enjoy screening of one animation and five documentary:
• 'The Way of the Master' by Kamil Krukowski is a documentary story of the Polish Champion in a very unusual discipline refused to be awarded funding for a trip to World Championship in Lisboa. The Champion decides to get the funds himself and find his way to Portugal. A short, moving story about a man’s passion and the obstacles thrown at him by the big world.
• 'Twist&Blood' directed by Kuba Czekaj is a 32 minutes editing – winner of many national and international prizes. A story of 11 years old boy nicknamed Brzucho (Belly). Belly is a laughing stock among his peers. His parents try to change him at all costs, get him to lose weight. Belly however has his own way of dealing with the negative emotions, he starts to self-inflict wounds. He burns his plump fingers with cigarettes, cuts them with razor…yet it is a secret. Soon he will reveal it to a friend, his secret crush.
• 'Secret of Confession' by Agata Jagodzińska. The movie has a Golden Mask in BAFTA New Talent Award competition, organised by Scottish branch of British Academy of Film and Television Arts (BAFTA). Among others the movie stars the family of the director, with a grandmother as a main character. Everyday a deeply religious elder lady confronts with the lack of savoir-faire and decent behaviour of the Polish youth which she finds impious. Frustrated with ubiquitous acceptance of pornography and contraception, the woman wants to punish the youngsters for their promiscuous lives.
• 'Lumberjack' directed by Paweł Dębski is a numerously acclaimed animation telling a story of relationship between a father and son living amid endless ocean surrounded by a vast cliff and a forest reaching far to the horizon. The film confronts innocence and full of love heart of the boy with a madness of the father who, for no apparent reason, starts to act strangely and illogically.
• 'Letter' by Jakub Janz is a story of a poor tailor who, thanks to his hard work, gets a chance to make a glittering career. Fate, however occurs to be perverse – after moments of fortune and numerous successes comes the crisis, which changes everythig. In order not to reach the bottom, Jan is able to cross the border of any morality.
• 'A mess, meaning a multitude of perspectives as a cause of interpersonal communication disorders' is a musical concept by Bartosz Kościelniak. They are all together. There is her and there is him. There is living, dead, male, female, fat, skinny, short and tall tone. There are lies, honesty, boredom and cool moments all along; there is loudness, meekness, brightness, darkness….there is cash and people gone.
MOUNTAIN FILM FESTIVAL
:: 28th of November, 6.30pm ::
:: Sikorski Polish Club, Glasgow ::
ADMISSION TO ALL THE SHOWS IS FREE.