The 8th edition of the ‘filmPOLSKA’ film festival was held in Berlin. Medienboard Berlin-Brandenburg was a patron of the festival. Moreover, the event was supported by Polish Film Institute and Adam Mickiewicz Institute. The festival took place between April 14 and 24.
The seven festival days have brought over 100 screenings of Polish feature, short, documentary, experimental, animated, school, and archive films in cinemas in Berlin. Organized since 2006, it is the biggest Polish film festival outside of Poland. The organizer of the event is Polish Institute in Berlin.
Among all the Polish productions, which were screened during the festival, especially worth mentioning are:
• ‘Baby blues’ by Katarzyna Rosłaniec,
• ‘You're a God’ by Leszek Dawid,
• ‘Aftermath’ by Władysław Pasikowski,
• ‘My Father’s Bike’ by Piotr Trzaskalski,
• ‘Rosa’ by Wojciech Smarzowski,
• ‘80 Million’ by Waldemar Krzystek,
• ‘Manhunt’ by Marcin Krzyształowicz,
• ‘Woman’s Day’ by Maria Sadowska.
Furthermore, a special retrospective about the anniversary of an insurrection in Warsaw Ghetto was held. Additionally, there was an opportunity to take part in film workshops under Stanisław Mucha and in ‘Made in East – Out of Fashion’ discussion on the topic of Polish cinematography.
Source: www.portalfilmowy.pl, www.pisf.pl