The 66th edition of the Cannes International Film Festival will take place from 15th May to 26th May 2013.
Roman Polański’s Films
Especially worth mentioning is that 'La Vénus à la fourrure' (‘Venus in Fur’) directed by Roman Polański will compete in the Main Competition for the Palme d'Or. The competitiors will be films from the Coen brothers, Asghar Farhadi, Steven Soderbergh and Nicolas Refn. The Main Competition jury consists of: Steven Spielberg (head of the jury), Vidya Balan, Naomi Kawase, Nicole Kidman, Lynne Ramsay, Daniel Auteuil, Ang Lee, Cristian Mungiu and Christoph Waltz.
You can read more about ‘Venus in Fur’ on our website:
Moreover, another Roman Polański’s film will be screened during the Special Screenings. It’s the 1971 documentary co-directed by Frank Simon – 'Weekend of a Champion'.
• 'The Congress' - directed by Ari Folman, based on Stanisław Lem's novel "Kongres futurologiczny" (‘The Futurological Congress’) will be the opening film of this year's Directors' Fortnight,
• 'Olena' – short feature directed by Elżbieta Benkowska will be presented in the Short Film Competition,
• 'Danse Macabre' – student film directed by Małgorzata Rżanek will be screened in the Cinéfondation section of the Festival.
Furthermore, about 20 Polish short films will be presented at the 10th edition of the Short Film Corner film market. They will be divided into 3 categories: 'Best of Łódź Film School', 'Polish Shorts' and 'Shorts from Munk Studio'. Among them will be:
• 'Rogalik' by Paweł Ziemilski,
• 'Indrivaren' by Michael Rendell and Arthur Izakowicz,
• 'Święto zmarłych' by Aleksandra Terpińska,
• 'Zasady gry' by Wojciech Jagiełło,
• 'Psubrat' by Maria Zbąska,
• 'Big Leap' by Kristoffer Rus.
Further details about the 66th Cannes International Film Festival are available at: